We’re on the ballot this November!
Prop 59, The Overturn Citizens United Act, is a critical opportunity to advance the movement towards a 28th Amendment.
California has a unique capacity to drive national discourse and there is no conversation America needs to have more urgently than the one about fundamental rights and the exercise of democracy.
As the courts increasingly confer the rights of individuals upon corporations and further find that no limits can be placed on spending in our elections, our policies have skewed to favor corporate bottom lines at the expense of every human value.
As a member of American Promise and a citizen of California you have the chance to make change happen now. As an AP Citizen, you’ll join a national grassroots network of active citizens from all viewpoints in pursuit of the 28th Amendment. Amending the Constitution is how Americans will regain control of our lives and free our democracy from the unjust influence of corporations, unions, and global wealth. Only the collective power of the many, can compete with the concentrated power of the few.
This community will connect us together so we can communicate, collaborate, share resources, and better organize. We invite you to explore the resources, ask questions, share successes, and help Californians speak as one to vote Yes on 59!
AP Resources and Support:
- Curated content and training
- Scorecards of national progress
- Professional development and training for local APAs
- On the Move: a bi-monthly digest for busy local citizens
- Regular webinars and educational forums
- Telephone Town Halls with leaders of the cause
The benefits of AP Citizenship include:
- Grassroots energy, National infrastructure, inclusive membership
- Civil discourse among citizens for love of country
- Reclaiming control over our lives and our democracy
I’m looking forward to working with all of you, and thank you!
Co-founder, Money Out Voters In
Chair, Overturn Citizens United, YES ON 59
Founding Board Member, American Promise